This dish requires a bit of organization and planning, however it is well worth the effort. Soak your nuts the day before you want to use them. We always have nut cheese in our fridge, ready to go as a staple. Before assembling this dish you need the following:
½ C pitted dates
½ C sundried tomatoes (Soaked and keep the water)
1 Tbls miso paste or tamari sauce
½ cup diced apple
½ – 1 cup of drained tomato water
1 Tbls sweet Paprika
Chili and salt to taste
- Mix all ingredients in blender until smooth.
1 C basil
1 C macadamia nuts
2 Tbls lemon Juice
3 tsp Bragg Nutritional Yeast
½ C olive oil
½ tsp Garlic
- Mix in blender till blended well.
2 C soaked cashew nuts
½ C hemp seeds (Please note that in Australia and New Zealand it is illegal to use Hemp in food products).
½ cup warm water
4 Probiotic capsules (empty contents into water)
2 cloves garlic (optional – leave out if a bland cheese is required).
- Soak nuts for at least two hours then drain.
- Blend all ingredients together in blender or Vitamix until well mixed.
- Does not have to be smooth.
- Place contents in nut milk bag, place in strainer and put weight on top.
- Leave this overnight.
- The next morning remove from nut milk bag and place in airtight container.
- This is now ready to use or better still wait one more day.
You now have all your ingredients to make the lasagna.
- Slice Raw zucchini with a potato peeler into thin slices
- Place raw zucchini slices at the bottom of a spring form dish.
- Then start to layer starting with tomato (make sure it is not to runny).
- Then zucchini, basil pesto, zucchini and then nut cheese.
- And then again tomato, zucchini slices, basil pesto, zucchini slices , nut cheese and Zucchini
- At this point you can turn upside down and empty out of the loaf tin/ mini spring form tin. Decorate the top with piped tomato and nut cheese.