1 C Medjool dates
3 Tbls coconut oil
½ C cacao nibs (optional)
2 Tbls maca powder
1 C coconut chips
- Whiz up until chunky and sticking together in a food processor
- Press into the bottom of your push out tray and pop into the freezer until you are ready for your next layer
Salted Super Caramel
1 ½ C raw cashew nuts
2 C almond meal (use dehydrated pulp left over from nut mylk, and ground)
14 chopped dates
150 ml maple syrup (drizzle in when mixing)
½ -1tsp Himalayan salt
½ C water (drizzle in at end to make caramel consistency)
- Mix in a good blender for about 5 minutes.
- Stop and scrape down the sides.
- Add some additional salt or maple syrup to taste.
- Spread around 2cm thick on top of the base. (Or eat it on its own! So good!)
- You can use this caramel mixture for many recipes (caramel filled chocolate / caramel nice cream / caramel Popsicle)
200g melted cacao butter
100g – 150g maple syrup
80g-100g raw cacao powder
- Melt the cacao butter in a double boiler.
- Whilst stirring the cacao butter slowly add the maple syrup and cacao powder.
- Keep mixing until you get the correct consistency (should coat the back of a spoon evenly).
- Spread onto of salted caramel mixture