1 cup diced butternut / zucchini / sweet potato / tomatoes
¼ cup pumpkin seeds
¼ cup sunflower seeds
2 Tbls sesame seeds
2 Tbls chia seeds
2 Tbls fresh herbs (we used basil, thyme, shallots and rosemary)
½ tsp salt
- Blend the butternut into a smooth consistency and set aside in a large bowl.
- Add all the seeds and seasoning into the butternut
- Spread the mixture onto a drying tray from a dehydrator (5-8 mm thick)
- • Score the mixture spread into your preferred shape
- • Dehydrate until crispy (around 12 hours)
For those that do not have a dehydrator, use an oven on a very low setting (120 c). Line a baking tray and evenly flatten out the mixture (about 5 – 8 mm thick, then score it into any pattern you like. Bake for about 90 min, or until dry and crispy.
Once dry, store in an airtight container and store in the freezer for best results and lasting crispness.