This dish requires a bit of organization and planning, however it is well worth the effort. We always have almond mylk and coconut yogurt in our fridge, ready to go as a staple. Before assembling this dish you need the following:
- Almond Mylk
- Chia pudding
- Coconut/cashew yoghurt
- Berries and fruit and raw muesli.
1 C activated almonds
2 dried figs or pitted dates
800 ml water
- Blend till well mixed in Vitamix or blender.
- Drain through nut milk bag.
- You can dehydrate your almond meal so it can be used later.
3 Tbls Chia seeds
3/4 Cup almond mylk
2 tsp sweetener of choice (brown rice syrup or maple syrup)
- Mix well and put in the fridge overnight.
Flesh from 1 young Thai coconut
1 C cashew nuts
½ – 1 C water
2 dried figs or 1 tsp maple syrup.
½ Vanilla bean (optional)
- You can then blend fruit with the yogurt to make different colours:
- Purple – blueberries
- Red / Pink – raspberries / strawberries / watermelon
- Orange – mango / rock melon / persimmon
- Green – kiwi
- Yellow – pineapple
- Mix in Vitamix or high speed blender till well mixed.
You now have all your ingredients to make the parfait:
- In a glass serving bowl place a layer of blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Pour 1 tsp of maple syrup over the blueberries.
- Then add the vanilla yogurt just to cover the blueberries.
- Then dice some fruit (bananas, mangoes etc.)
- If you are using bananas you can the sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Top this off with some RAW muesli and then some more yogurt on top.
- Garnish with fresh fruits of flavored yogurt.